Enabling staff and postgraduate students to access material not held in our collection
How do I register for document delivery?
Sign up through MyLoans for document delivery services.
Can I reborrow items from document delivery?
Document delivery loan items normally can’t be renewed, but we will get in contact with the library that has lent us the item, and we’ll request on your behalf. Please contact the document delivery team to request a renewal.
What you need to know about document delivery
How will I know the progress of my request?
- If you want to check the progress of your requests, you can do it through MyLoans.
- You’ll get an email from us to let you know when the article is available.
- If the status of your request in MyLoans says 'submitted for interlibrary loan' this means that your article was unable to be supplied from ArticleReach and your request has been forwarded to our document delivery staff for processing.
How many articles can I request?
- You can request up to 70 items in a calendar year. However, there may be restrictions based on the cost of requests.
- All requests are subject to Australian Copyright Legislation, which may limit how much you can request from a book or journal.
How much will it cost me to request items?
- While there’s no charge for requesting most items, if the cost of obtaining the item exceeds $80, we may charge you a gap fee.
- This is more likely to happen with theses, which can cost up to $110 to get digitised.
How do I find and request a thesis?
- If a thesis is not freely available online, you can request using the request form in MyLoans.
- While we’ll do our best, some theses aren’t available for us to purchase or loan.
How quickly will I receive my request?
- Most articles are received within 14 working days depending on the organisation we’re requesting from.
- Most books are received within 3 weeks depending on the availability of the book, and the location of the library lending us the book.
Requesting articles and papers using ArticleReach
What is ArticleReach?
ArticleReach allows you to request articles from titles not held by the University of Sydney Library. ArticleReach is only for journal articles and online conference papers, so please use the book/chapter/thesis request forms for other requests.
If your request is can’t be supplied by one of our ArticleReach member libraries, it’ll automatically be passed to our document delivery staff and we’ll search for another source for your paper.
Who can use ArticleReach?
- PhD, Masters or Graduate Diploma students
- Final year honours students.
You may also be eligible if you are one of the following type of students. To enquire about eligibility, please contact your Academic Liaison Librarian:
- 3rd or 4th Year undergraduate completing a research project
- If you’re studying a combined undergraduate/postgraduate degree.
What you need to know about requesting ArticleReach items
- You can access ArticleReach from MyLoans. Click on the 'request items' link.
- If you can include the journal ISSN in your request, your request is processed faster.
- You can also find links to ArticleReach from the 'Check Library' button which appears in most of the databases the Library subscribes to.
- Your articles are available for viewing/downloading for 30 days.
- You can cancel an ArticleReach request from within MyLoans.
How will I get access to articles?
- You’ll get an email letting you know that your article is ready to download.
- Articles requested from ArticleReach will be available for viewing/downloading from MyLoans.
- The email will include a unique link and password to access your document if your request has gone through document delivery.
- You’ll have 30 days or be able to downloads of the article 5 times before it is removed from the server.
- If we’re not able to deliver the article online, an alternate delivery method will be arranged by the library.
I'm having trouble downloading my document!
If you have problems accessing articles from Document Delivery or ArticleReach, please contact our team.
Requesting books using
You can find out more about BONUS+ here.
How do I request an item from BONUS+?
- If you can't locate an available item using the library catalogue, click on the logo
- Search by title or author
- Click on the REQUEST THIS ITEM link
- Institution is Uni of Sydney
- Login with your UniKey or Library borrower number
- Select pickup location.
Services we provide to non-University of Sydney libraries
See our document delivery services for external libraries for information about services to non-University of Sydney Libraries.